domenica 14 settembre 2008

VIVA LA VIDA: I COLDPLAY

Con un 'sound' e un 'vocal' molto 'POLICE' ed archi molto 'BEATLES' ('ELEANOR RIGBY'), ecco i COLDPLAY di 'VIVA LA VIDA' (videoclip sopra)... .

VIVA LA VIDA

I used to rule the world / Seas would rise when I gave the word / Now in the morning I sleep alone / Sweep the streets I used to own / I used to roll the dice / Feel the fear in my enemies eyes / Listen as the crowd would sing:"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!" / One minute I held the key / Next the walls were closed on me / And I discovered that my castles stand / Upon pillars of salt, and pillars of sand / I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing / Roman Cavalry choirs are singing / Be my mirror my sword and shield / My missionaries in a foreign field / For some reason I can not explain / Once you know there was never, never an honest word / That was when I ruled the world (Ohhh) / It was the wicked and wild wind / Blew down the doors to let me in. / Shattered windows and the sound of drums / People could not believe what I'd become / Revolutionaries Wait / For my head on a silver plate / Just a puppet on a lonely string / Oh who would ever want to be king? / I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing / Roman Cavalry choirs are singing / Be my mirror my sword and shield / My missionaries in a foreign field /For some reason I can not explain / I know Saint Peter won't call my name / Never an honest word / And that was when I ruled the world (Ohhhhh Ohhh Ohhh) Hear Jerusalem bells are ringing / Roman Cavalry choirs are singing / Be my mirror my sword and shield / My missionaries in a foreign field / For some reason I can not explain / I know Saint Peter will call my name / Never an honest word / But that was when I ruled the world / Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh

...e quelli di 'CLOCKS' (videoclip sotto):


'SPEED OF SOUND' è un altro degli 'hIts' dei COLDPLAY (videoclip sotto):